Learn to code at one of Ireland’s top technology camps for kids- The Academy of Code!
Open to students aged 8-19, tutors at The Academy of Code deliver a course which blends fun games and puzzles with serious programming coursework. Students are divided by age and coding experience. Depending on age, dates and location they will have a chance to try their hands at some or all of the following:
- Scratch – a fantastic introductory language, and the main teaching language for our younger students.
- Processing – a Java-based graphical language. The primary teaching language for most of our courses, and a fantastic introduction to coding (students who have studied at the Academy of Code previously will get the chance to work on advanced Processing projects)
- HTML/CSS – learn to build and edit websites using HTML and CSS
- BBC microbits, Python, Arduino and more…
- The Academy of Code’s mission is to open the world of coding to our students!
We are proud of our commitment to ensuring that every student has plenty of runway at the Academy of Code – no matter their experience level, if they want to learn more, we will have classes to teach them more. Emphasising fun and exploration at every stage, we also take our coding very seriously. These classes are much more than just a fun and educational way to spend an hour a week – it’s an opportunity to kick-start a passion for technology that could last a lifetime!
Students of all experience levels are catered for and computers are provided (so there’s no need to bring a laptop).
Visit our website at www.theacademyofcode.com for full details and to register today!
Address: Oatlands College, Stillorgan; St. Paul’s College, Raheny
Phone: 083 306 8385
- Free Wifi
- Garda Vetted